Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Scared of the Dark

I think of you as my land
so what I can I do for my country

I'll go to war for you
I'll live and die for you

see they want to be citizens
so they can reap the benefits

but flee you first sign of hardship
but see I built a hard ship
to sail the ups and downs of life

so if catastrophe should strike
I know we'll make it through the night

just me and my pen
inscribing the legacy of me
to place in a lump of coal to
to find the diamond with in me

I poor my heart in you
while other rape you of your purity

In order to raise a monarchy
and place them selves paramount

while I will gladly be your slave
just to lay your foundation
and let you bring the world together
as one unified nation

See you the you the big city
and every one wants to be the bright light

but you only need light when it's to dark to see

and when the fame is the light
that will be the darkest day in poetry

1 comment:

  1. The poem is dope.....come check our blog out.. www.ragz-2-riches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete